|“||I'm not worried in the least. I'm going to blow right through this thing. I don't need Gordon's step-by-step instructions. I can knock out awesome dishes with right I got up here. So, come at me.||”|
Evan claimed to be an extremely experienced cook, and maintained a cocky and arrogant personality, but this turned against him since he couldn't live up to his words. He had a know-it-all attitude, coming in thinking that he knew more than everyone else including the judges, especially Ramsay, as well as being a smartass on numerous occasions constantly thinking that he knew what he was doing. Of note, he was doing more bragging and badmouthing than cooking, which the other cooks were very annoyed and fed up with his behavior, especially Noah. In the kitchen, he was slow during team challenges but showed some potential in individual challenges, but his egotistical behavior ended up being his ultimate downfall, since he thought that he was the best, never owned up to his mistakes, and blatantly refused to listen to criticism that the judges were tying to tell him, even after being eliminated, which ironically bit him in the ass due to his constant bragging.
- After his appearance, Evan was a private chef and sales consultant at Bevager. He is currently Resident Manager at XOCO.
- He was the first contestant in his season to go from being on top for the first challenge to being sent home in the immediate following elimination.
- "Well shit. I definitely had one of the best dishes in this room today, and I should be on the balcony. But, I don't care. Because, I'm gonna continue to move forward and kick ass and take names in this operation."
- (To Aarón and Joe) "I'm here to show you what I can do, I'm comfortable with these ingredients. I use these ingredients on a regular basis. I've cooked well over a hundred pounds of skirt steak in my day."
- "I know what I'm doing, I don't need a cast iron pan. I'm looking forward to knocking this out and impressing the judges."
- (After being eliminated) "In the end, it doesn't matter. I still feel like my experience and my knowledge means I was the best chef in this competition. This is not the end of my culinary journey, this is just the beginning."
- Evan Tesiny on Instagram: /thedudenyc
|MasterChef U.S. Season 10|
Bri Baker • Fred Chang • Deanna Colon • Nick DiGiovanni • Sarah Faherty • Sam Haaz • Jamie Hough • Dorian Hunter • Keturah King • Liz Linn • Shari Mukherjee • Wuta Onda • Kenny Palazzolo • Subha Ramiah • Renee Rice • Michael Silverstein • Noah Sims • Evan Tesiny • Kimberly White • Micah Yaroch