Season 10 of MasterChef aired on FOX between May 29 and September 18, 2019. Creeler Dorian Hunter was the winner of that season and was awarded with the MasterChef trophy, the right to publish her own cookbook, a salary of $250,000, and training at the restaurants of the three judges.
20 contestants competed on the season. The contestants were (relative to their placement):
|Dorian Hunter||45||Cartersville, GA||Creeler||Winner September 18|
|Sarah Faherty||31||San Diego, CA||Former Army Interrogator||Runner Up September 18|
|Nick DiGiovanni||22||Barrington, RI||College Student||Eliminated September 18|
|Noah Sims||32||Epworth, GA||Septic Service Technician||Eliminated September 11|
|Shari Mukherjee||34||Rochester, MN||Stay-at-Home Mom||Eliminated September 4|
|Subha Ramiah||54||West Nyack, NY||R&D Director|
|Micah Yaroch||19||Grand Rapids, MI||Kitchen Porter||Eliminated August 28|
|Bri Baker||24||Dallas, TX||Cocktail Server||Eliminated August 21|
|Jamie Hough||42||Pawleys Island, SC||Fisherman||Eliminated August 15|
|Fred Chang||24||Redondo Beach, CA||Revenue Analyst||Eliminated August 8|
|Wuta Onda||30||Bronx, NY||English Teacher||Eliminated August 1|
|Renee Rice||33||Ada, OK||Receptionist||Eliminated July 31|
|Sam Haaz||36||Philadelphia, PA||Attorney||Eliminated July 25|
|Keturah King||30||London, England||Freelance Writer||Eliminated July 18|
|Liz Linn||53||Durand, MI||Events Consultant||Eliminated July 11|
|Michael Silverstein||31||Pittsburgh, PA||Real Estate Flipper|
|Evan Tesiny||36||Brooklyn, NY||Sales Coordinator||Eliminated June 27|
|Kimberly White||32||New York, NY||Shoe Designer||Eliminated June 20|
|Kenny Palazzolo||46||Boston, MA||Carpenter||Eliminated June 12|
|Deanna Colon||45||Simi Valley, CA||Vocal Coach|
- Note: Italic indicates a contestant from outside the US has successfully made it to the competition.
- (WINNER) This cook won the competition.
- (RUNNER-UP) This cook finished as a runner-up in the finals.
- (WIN) The cook won the individual challenge (Mystery Box Challenge/Skills Test or Elimination Test).
- (WIN) The cook was on the winning team in the Team Challenge and directly advanced to the next round.
- (HIGH) The cook was one of the top entries in the individual challenge but didn't win.
- (IN) The cook wasn't selected as a top or bottom entry in an individual challenge.
- (IN) The cook wasn't selected as a top or bottom entry in a team challenge.
- (IMM) The cook didn't have to compete in that round of the competition and was safe from elimination.
- (NOM) The cook was on the winning team in the Team Challenge, but was selected to compete in the Pressure Test, and advanced.
- (PT) The cook was on the losing team in the Team Challenge, competed in the Pressure Test, and advanced.
- (NPT) The cook was on the losing team in the Team Challenge, did not compete in the Pressure Test, and advanced.
- (LOSE) The cook was on the losing team in the Team Challenge.
- (LOW) The cook was one of the bottom entries in an individual challenge or Pressure Test, and they advanced.
- (LOW) The cook was one of the bottom entries in the Team Challenge and they advanced.
- (ELIM) The cook was eliminated from MasterChef.
Ranking to advance per episode
- Casting call auditions commenced in fall of 2018. Filming began in mid-to-late February of 2019 and concluded in early April.
- This is the first season, since Season 6 to be won by a female contestant.
- At age 45, Dorian Hunter was the oldest winner in any season of the American series, as well as the second African-American winner.
- This season's white apron battle auditions saw changes in its format, applicants had to receive a yes from all three judges to receive a white apron.
- This season also introduced the Battle Pass, where the three judges each selected three contestants who failed to secure three yes's to cook head to head to head for the final apron.
- This is the first season where a challenge occurred on the MasterChef patio.
- This was the first time a season's wedding team challenge took place inside of the MasterChef kitchen.
- This is the first season where a challenges occurred overseas, the Top 6 and Top 4 challenges being in England.
- This is the third season where a contestant was eliminated outside of Los Angeles. In this case, three competitors were eliminated overseas in London, UK.
- This season is tied with Season 4 for having the most episodes aired, of 25.
- This is the third season to feature 20 contestants.
- This season has the most number of special guest stars and guest judges.